Start a blog today and discover how easy it really is to start making money online.
It couldn’t be easier to get started, and today you’re going to discover how effortless it really is.
Making the decision to be a blogger has had the biggest positive impact on my life, especially when it comes to the financial rewards it brings. I’m so grateful to my past self for making those decisions because if I didn’t stick to my plan, I wouldn’t have been able to start a blog and make thousands of dollars a month, all from the comfort of my own space.
Blogging has helped me to generate a steady income, as well as provide the freedom to work from wherever I wish. For me, the motivation was initially the writing, but realising that I’m able to work from my home, I can travel and potentially work anywhere I choose is truly incredible. I can’t stress enough how amazing it is to be your own boss and make your own decisions. Each day is yours! I know you can do this because of how blogging allows me to have a flexible schedule, to the point work just wasn’t like working anymore. No more 9 to 5 mentality!
You can and will make money from a blog and continue to thereafter, once you see how easy it can be. For a little money upfront for your hosting costs, which you will make back (as I did).
It’s really worth paying for blog hosting as it’s an investment in yourself and your dreams of success. Your future self will thank you too!
How To Start A Blog on A Budget
If you’re ready to start a blog with a limited budget, then Bluehost should be your clear choice. They will cater for all your hosting needs and requirements along with having a very professional interface, making it simple for you to navigate and get started.
You can start a blog with BlueHost for as little as $2.95 a month, that’s less than the cost of a cup of coffee. With that in mind, bulk is better, cheaper and never comes with the problem of having to pay each month when you can, at the very least, have all you need for the next 12 months. Simply purchase the 12-month hosting plan. It comes highly recommended, due to the discount offered. You save even further if you go ahead and purchase the 36-month plan. It’s a better deal as the monthly rate drops significantly over the duration of the agreement.
If you are truly serious about making a living from blogging, then investing in your hosting is a DEFINITE. It’s the cheapest option for what you get in return from BlueHost, plus you get that all-important domain for free in the first year.
You are then free to establish;
- Advertising (direct or otherwise)
- Affiliate links
- Digital products
Just so you can have a clearer picture as to why BlueHost should be your choice, see below some points I’ve made in relation to my own experiences.
I truly believe that BlueHost is one of, if not the best, website hosting provider.
- As mentioned, its interface is super easy to navigate.
- The technical support and professionalism is second to none.
- The price. Realistically, for what you get in return for the $2.95 a month is a bargain. The FREE domain, for example!
- FREE SSL certificate – super important to show readers that your site is trustworthy.
- Free WordPress through using Bluehost.
- You will have your own self hosted blog that can be monetized.
Ready to create your own success? Let’s start a blog right now!
Step 1: Choose A Blog Name
When you start a WordPress blog on Bluehost, you need to decide on a name for your domain. This is a tough decision as it is the name of your brand and a reflection of yourself. Please take your time deciding, and I guarantee you’ll eventually have a few you like that might make the cut!
I was very lucky in the fact I have a very determined partner who relentlessly focused on finding our blog name. It works perfectly for us as it incorporates what our website is about.
Step 2: Choose A Hosting Plan
Because you’re just starting out, I would suggest choosing the basic plan, which starts at only $2.95 per month. The payment is due upfront for the 12 or 36-month options. This is a great price as you’re all set up to make your blog a success.
You don’t have to worry about missing your monthly payment and your website going down. Also, for all you procrastinators out there, if you have a 12-month plan, you can’t procrastinate. Seriously, tour work ethic will be on another level!
Another optional choice you may want to consider is domain privacy protection. For only $0.99 per month, you can keep your contact information safe. This is important if you’re planning on showing your name on your website.
Step 3: Take Action!
Now that you’re ready, here’s what to expect on signing up:
- Go to the Bluehost website and select the ‘Get Started Now’ button.
- Select the package you have decided to opt for (12 or 36 months).
- Enter your AMAZING domain name when signing up for a new plan.
- Input all of your personal payment information.
- Enter a highly secure password.
That’s the start of your new path to start a blog.
Once your password has been created, Bluehost will guide you through the next steps to get started with your blog.
- Firstly, you will be asked to select a theme. This is important but can be customized and changed when you want to so at this time you could just select any theme (so many to choose from) as we move on.
- Select ‘Start Building’
- The next page you can select Business or Personal depending on your preference.
It’s as simple as that!
You, my fellow writer, have a WordPress blog. Give yourself a pat on the back!
WordPress Tips To Start A Blog
Below, you’ll find a few navigational tips for when you’re within the WordPress interface.
- The option most fundamental to your business model is creating new posts. To do this simply select ‘Posts’ located on the left hand side.
- Also located on the left hand side is ‘Media’. Selecting this will allow you to add an image.
- To change your header, footer and sidebar, you can select the ‘Appearance’ option and head to ‘Widgets’.
- Convertkit is a great way to send newsletters or emails.
- If you are interested in ramping up the appearance of your blog, you have almost infinite solutions. The simplest being the themes already available through WordPress. The next option is to use the ever popular Genesis. It comes highly recommended. A final option could be to buy a premade design online for around $50.